Tourism Resiliency Program Named Skift IDEA Awards Finalist
The British Columbia Tourism Resiliency Network has been named a finalist in the Skift IDEA Awards 2021 in the Pandemic Response category, entered by Tourism Vancouver Island on behalf of the British Columbia Regional Tourism Secretariat. Each year, Skift IDEA Awards celebrate brands and businesses designing new and better ways to travel in 14 categories.
“We are honoured to be recognized by such a leading voice in the travel industry, and in the same category as global tourism destinations like Los Angeles and Iceland,” says Anthony Everett, President & CEO of Tourism Vancouver Island and Chair, British Columbia Regional Tourism Secretariat. “We congratulate our fellow finalists and commend the innovative programs developed around the world for the betterment of the tourism industry.”
In the Pandemic Response category, entrants were judged on their design or strategic solutions to enable safe travel or mitigate the economic effects of the covid-19 pandemic. All finalists in the Pandemic Response category, include:
- Accor – ALL Heartist Fund
- Aparium Hotel Group – Innovative Dining Suites
- Bahrain Airport Company – Pandemic Response
- Business Iceland – Looks Like You Need to Let it Out
- Global Rescue – Coronavirus Intelligence Center
- Los Angeles Tourism and Convention Board – Start Your Comeback in Los Angeles
- OYO – VaccinAid
- Tourism Vancouver Island (on behalf of British Columbia Regional Tourism Secretariat) – Tourism Resiliency Network
- WELL Health – Safety Rating
Winners will be announced later this month and celebrated December 9, 2021. Learn more and view the finalists in all categories here.
Skift is a leading travel industry news site founded in the U.S. Skift also provides market research and marketing services to the travel industry.