For many businesses, COVID-19 has resulted in a complete halting of marketing initiatives. While everyone must stay in their local communities right now, it can be an opportune time to plan for the recovery phase of this pandemic so that you’re able to hit the ground running when the time is right.
How To Manage Your Online Presense During The Pandemic
Find appropriate messaging for your online presence, including website and social media accounts.
- Moz – Guide To Operating During COVID-19: Helpful Tips for Local Businesses
- Destination BC’s – Virtual Best Practices Guide
- BCRTS – #RoamBCFromHome Social Media Tool Kit
Here are a few tips on how businesses can provide accurate information to their customers:
Google My Business Tips & Resources
Perhaps now more than ever, customers are looking to Google for updated hours and availability of businesses. Here are a few tips on how businesses can provide accurate information to their customers:
- If your hours of operation have changed, edit your Business Profile on Google.
- Use Posts to communicate information directly on your Business Profile on Google, like special offers or inventory updates.
- Consider setting an email auto-reply with answers to frequently asked questions about how your business is currently operating.
Chat With Our Marketing Experts
Connect with our Program Advisors for some guidance on what to do and how you can grow from here.