Decade of Action Program: Building a Sustainable Future for BC Tourism through the UN Sustainable Development Goals
The UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are a universal call to action to solve the world’s most urgent challenges and create a prosperous and sustainable future for all. Tourism has the potential to contribute, directly or indirectly, to all of the Sustainable Development Goals and deliver sustainable solutions for people, the planet, prosperity and peace.
The Decade of Action Program: Building a Sustainable Future for BC Tourism through the UN Sustainable Development Goals is a capacity-building program to support businesses across B.C. to create a Sustainable Development Goal Strategy and Decade of Action Plan. Learn how to align the SDGs with your existing sustainability efforts, set targets for the future, and drive meaningful results for your guests, company, and community.
Facilitated by the BC Tourism Resiliency Network, in partnership with Synergy Enterprises, this pilot program will support up to 40 tourism businesses across B.C. through two workshops and one-on-one coaching for each participating business.
In the program, participants will:
- Connect with passionate business leaders and discover how tourism can create a better world
- Receive coaching to identify the SDGs that most align with your organization, and actions that promote resiliency, cost reduction, and access to talent
- Identify key metrics to track your progress towards the SDGs
- Integrate the SDGs into your messaging and communications
- Develop an SDG Strategy and 10-year Action Plan for your organization
- Help position BC’s tourism industry as a leader in sustainability